[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rotating spark-gap materials?

Hello Scott:

> I looked into G-10 myself and found some differences in my rating chart.
> This is from the Special Material division of Westinghouse, tradename
> Micarta.  Their G-10 is rated for 50,000 psi, with the grain.  However,
> they don't say what the tensile strength is across the grain.  Is that
> what the 38,000 psi figure is?
>
> Scott Myers

    The 38,000 psi figure was on a G-10 material made by a company
with the name "Atlas" and that was only listed as the tensile
strength, no mention of grain direction.  I'm afraid that the spec
sheet is sitting at work--that's all I can remember right now.  I
just finished a short note, going in the mail with the prints we
talked about, you should see them by Tuesday.

Chuck Curran