[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Blown Rolled "Hull" Capacitor Discussion

 To all:

     Vibrate the air out!

     My wife and I are manfacturing jewelers, of 11 years.  Our first 6 mo. we
couldn't afford a vaccume pump.  A lapidary friend of mine, who was doing
jewelry casting , turned me on to a way of getting bubbles out of the casting
investment that was quite near as good as a vaccume (most cases).  We had only
two min. to do this, where as with a cap, you could work it as many times as
needed.

     Quite simple, backyard stuff.

     Take two boards of any size,  nail hardware store springs (4) of proper
size and flex between the two boards.  Anchor one board to a bench and hold
the cap on the top board.   Use a hammer to tap (or bang) on the top board,
you will get quite a nice vibration under the cap.  Do this until the
neighbors complain, get a beer and kick back and watch a few more bubbles
rise.

     Contribution from a guy that likes tesla mail.

         Dan M. Lawson    - Manufacturing Jeweler
         laws-at-calweb-dot-com  - Weight Lifter - Bodybuilder