Re: Solid State - progress.
to: Alan Sharp
>>With the secondary under a load the L will limit the current.
>>With no load the Q of the L-C circuit will go high and drive
>>the primary voltage through the roof.
>Where does your LC circuit go?
+-----)( ) L
)( ) cap
pull--)(-ground )---+-----| (----ground
primary )( secondary
Tune L-C to resonate freq of secondary
Drive L-C with square wave at resonate freq of secondary
To reduce the amount of snub required wind primary and secondary of
the ferrite transformer using this method.
1. cut three pieces of mag wire 15' long or so.
Use nothing larger than 16 guage.
For more current double number of wires.
2. attach one end of the three wires to anything fixed.
3. twist wire together using a low speed drill till you have about 1 turn
4. wind twisted wire tightly around a ferite dount or clam shell.
5. one wire for push, one for pull, third for output.
try this for snubbing.
Im this is only a guess. 50% less power into snubber
Paul Harriman EE