[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 200kHz good, 100kHz better. (fwd)

On Tue, 23 Jul 1996, Tesla List wrote:
> Its a solid state coil so changing the frequency is easy but even at maximum
> spark I'm still loosing a lot of corona in the wire.
>
> I may try a brute force solution - insulation on the wire and a few more coats
> of acrylic on the top of the coil.

Do so, it is easi to try if it works out! I had lot of corona coming from
my solid state driven early prototype as well. I found insulation solved
the problem. I experienced a lot of corona coming from the wire going
from the end of the coil to the toroid.
--
We have phone numbers already, why would we need IP-numbers! -unknown person

Harri.Suomalainen-at-hut.fi - PGP key available by fingering haba-at-alpha.hut.fi