[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Safety FAQ (Electrical Hazards)

Hi Richard and all....

> I wouldn't fiddle with a 2 KW coil on a bet for a demo to a bunch of
> yahoos!!  Sure they'll get a thrill, but it's your ASS on the line!!
> Avoid all such risk taking.  Remember, that the old Tesla coil wizard and
> author, Transtrom was killed doing just such a stunt.  Man I cringe at
> the though of taking a hit from my little 25 watt system, but will do it
> for grins.

Hear hear. One idiot here walked straight into a discharge from my
coil and got the shock of his life. He got an even bigger shock when
I told him off for attempting to compromise my safety record and then
booted him out of the workshop. I do CPR refreshers every year or two
but he's not a person I would relish practicing them on.

Malcolm
<snip>