Re: Copper foil

On Tue, 23 Jan 1996 tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com wrote:

> > plate capacitors.  I am looking for some rolls of copper foil (probably more
> > like copper flashing) 3" to 4" wide to solder my ground rods together and
> > then to use as the main RF ground connection for the coil.  Where did you get
> > this stuff?  I have bought the aluminum flashing at the hardware store for
> > the rolled poly caps but have not seen the equivalent in copper.
> > 
> > Ed Sonderman

The printing industry uses thin copper foil (off-set plates?) and
the "amateur" use is for making "embossed" (correct term?) figures..
These are usually atleast 35cm wide but can be cut the pieces..

Even some hardware stores carry Copper foil around here and most
hobby shops have it.. Of course, it'll cost more than some roof
flashing but that's obvious.. 

btw: They do use Copper for roofs as well! I recently saw as they
replaced the coppers in a roof of an old church here - and in Tampere,
one of the biggest towns in Finland, has a library that has it's whole
outer surface covered with copper for artistic value. Perhaps the same place 
where you get the Al roof flashing can help for copper as well..

I hope this helps,

  Kristian Ukkonen.