Date: Tue, 21 Feb 1995 14:51:13 -0500
From: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
To: richard.quick-at-slug-dot-org
Subject: 120 - 240

Richard,

I don't know if you ever got my reply on this.  It keeps coming back as
undelivered mail.

As I mentioned before, I have a 12kv 60ma and a 12kv 120ma transformer.
 Because they are unequal, I will need to run each off of 120v - probably
using two separate circuits.  If I ever want to run these off of 240v I
need to get another 12kv 60ma transformer and parellel the other 60ma and
then connect those in series with the 120ma transformer - yes?

A new question:  I found a good deal on 120volt 10amp variacs and had to
buy three ($10.00 each!).  Any way to use these in parallel?  I could run
both of my transformers with pfc correction and be just over 20 amps.  I
have also found a 120 volt 41amp variac that I could get for $75.00 and
a 240 volt variac at 40 amps for probably $125.00.  I haven't decided on
these yet.  Wish I had lots of money. :-)

Ed Sonderman
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12