Re: [TCML] Odd VTTC Streamer Behavior

I'm running a 2nF 12kV Mica transmitting cap.  As I can recall the coil has
always misbehaved above 105-120V.  The streamers still have that thudding,
but it's snappier like you said.  Of course this is in stacatto mode, and
I've tried adjusting the controller to no avail.  I did sharpen my breakout
point which helped a considerable amount, but I'm still two and a half
inches from where I was before. [That's a 7.35% decrease, which is
statistically signifigant.]  I think the lackluster performance can be
pinned on the changes I made to the primary.  When I was getting 34" hits
consistently I had unraveled my 28 turn primary by a about five turns, but I
did not remove the extra wire, I had it coiled hanging over the side of the
VTTC enclosure.  When I decided to tidy this up I removed a little of the
wire, wrapped the rest around the form, glued it in place, and then added
taps.

I sure hope my tank cap is not going bad, the last thing I need is another
stain on the carpet.

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 22:50, Dr. John W. Gudenas <comsciprof@xxxxxxxxxxxxx