RE: JAVATC vs WinTesla

Original poster: "Derek Woodroffe" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,
	I use both JavaTc and Wintesla, out of the two JavaTc is MUCH more
accurate, but I fins Wintesla so much easier and quicker to use. So I do my
rough designs with Wintesla and get ball-park figures then use Wintesla for
more accurate information.

	Saying that I haven't had such a large discrepancy as you describe,
usually both programs agree to around a couple of percent.

	Which values were so far out ?

	Derek..

> Original poster: Gregory Morris <gbmorris@xxxxxxxxx>  >  > Hi, well I've
been attempting to design a new coil  > and was doing  > rather well, or so
I thought, as I checked my values  > with JAVATC  >
<http://www.classictesla.com/java/javatc.html>,
 > until I tried
 > WinTesla
 > <http://www.hot-streamer.com/rscopper/dload5.html>,
 > which
 > gave me rather significant discrepancy (As much a  > 20-30% difference  >
on some values). My thought was that JAVATC seems to  > be newer and has  >
a higher awareness rate among coilers, therefore it  > would be more  >
reputable, but do any of you have suggestions or  > comments on this  >
phenomenon? I have tried re-entering values multiple  > times and I  > still
get the same results.