mini tesla form ignition coil

Original poster: "Dr. Adriano Mollica" <adriano.mollica@xxxxxxxxxxx>

hello list,

due the scarce portability of my first coil, i thought to build a second
coil, very little.
I didn't found on internet any plans for  a non-solid state small coil.
So i turn out with a  idea: use a ignition car coil as HV source.
So i took the i. coil and i applyed a alternate voltage form a 16v
transformer, just to see the ratio. 240 v came out  .

Then i realized that it wasn't enoght at all, and on internet i found
another way to make it working...that is: 12v from a car battery, and a
swich, that open and close very fast the circuit on the primary. So i did.
and it came out a nice 1 inch spark from the secondary.

Not too bad. It can also light up a small neon tube.  But, now, the problem.
How can i use this source to drive a tesla coil?
I tried to use this source as a HV transformer...but nothing happen. i think
also that i actually don't know which is the output voltage of the circuits.

any ideas?

thanks, Adriano