Re: Secondary grounding wire

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: Just Justin <rocketfuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I plan to ground my secondary, and it seems to me that it will
be fine to just run the thin magnet wire down to the grounding
rod.  Is there any reason this would not be the case?
Electrically, there is no serious problem, but mechanically
this would be a very bad idea. The wire is too fragile and will
break too easily.
Make your secondary coil so it can be easily disconnected at
both ends, without messing with the thin wire. I make my
coils with the wire soldered at both ends to metal plates
glued to the form. Connections are make with springs that
touch these plates.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz