Re: Secondary grounding wire

Original poster: Esondrmn@xxxxxxx In a message dated 12/27/2005 11:19:38 AM Pacific Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Original poster: Just Justin <rocketfuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I plan to ground my secondary, and it seems to me that it will
be fine to just run the thin magnet wire down to the grounding
rod.  Is there any reason this would not be the case?

Thanks!

Justin

Justin,

I like to terminate the thin secondary wire right at the base of the coil. If I ran it down below the coil or clear to the ground rod, I would be concerned about breaking it. On small coils the wire is so small it would be difficult to see. I have a flange glued to the bottom of my secondaries that I use to bolt them down to the base. I solder a lug on the bottom of the secondary wire and use a brass bolt to go through the lug and flange to make a connection to a larger wire under the coil that goes to ground.

Ed Sonderman