Re: I need flyback help!

Original poster: "Jason Petrou by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

Robert,

My sony flyback fomr an old TV is very much like this. First off, I am not
sure why there are two HV outputs - but I guess they are either both +V or
one is +v and the other is -V.
    The best way to find out what each pin does is to use an ohmmeter - the
pins with the lowest resistance between them should be the pair for the
power in, the next two low resistance pins are used for the feedback loop.
Make sure the feedback and power pins are both isolated though!!! If and
when you fire it up, see if you can draw an arc to ground from any of the
other bottom pins - that will tell you which one is ground.
    I know of a site that tells you how to make a 555 circuit for a
flyback - it is http://www-dot-netcomuk.co.uk/~wwl/marxgen.htm . The guy has
used a flyback to power his marx generator. If you look somewhere near the
bottom you will see a circuit diagram and a photo of how to wire it up.

Best Regards,
Jason