From: Joshua Thomas [mailto:joshuafthomas@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 5:52 PM
To: Chris Reeland
Cc: tcml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TCML] Re: Terry/lowpass filter design, OBIT

I haven't had the chance to change the wiring yet, but I have decided to
have the NST grounded to mains earth. This seems to be the best option from
among the available options.

I've tried winding by hand and it was.... tedious. I may just lack the
patience, but spending 4 hours carefully winding a coil is not my idea of a
good time.

>  Your coil is running better with smaller toroid. Is this with all the
primary tapped?

I had adjusted the tapping several turns in when using the small toroid,
based on some JavaTC calculations. It's hard to quantify how much longer
the arcs were, but I would not say more than 10%. I need a function
generator so that I can find the primary and secondary resonance
frequencies, and adjust my tuning with better accuracy. Perhaps after
Christmas....

Joshua Thomas