[Home][2021 Index] [TCML] 3.5" coil success [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] 3.5" coil success

Hello all,

I am pleased to report my spark gap TC is working successfully with a new
secondary coil. I was able to achieve 14" arcs to a rod connected directly
to the bottom of the secondary, without any tuning. This was using a 4"x18"
toroid topload; I have not yet tested with the 1"x12" toroid topload I also
created.

I also discovered I hadn't put sufficient space between some of the
component leads of my Terry filter, and it began arcing over; a small
problem to solve. Thanks again for everyone's assistance.

Short video clip: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/heB2ssnwV-o

Joshua Thomas

--
Joshua Thomas

My new email address is: joshuafthomas@xxxxxxxxx
Please update your information if you have not already done so.