From: "Chris Reeland" <chrisreeland@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2021 3:19:09 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Interesting early commercially made little "TC's" from	Spellman.

Hi all,

Have a bit more to add here on something that happened pretty fast
recently. I came across one these "TC" power supplies from this era.
Price was right and driving distance to get was not too bad. So last
weekend, I went to Flint, Michagan to "save this fella". "I had to have
it!" :^) Especially being mainly a VTTC guy. After all it will be a great
piece of test gear to use. Seller did power this up, and in pictures I saw,
meter did go up and down when he advertised it. Me, I have not powered up
yet. Going to go through everything and check things 1st. Also will be
changing power plug cord. It is shot. Wrapped by someone quite a while ago
with electrical tape from one end to the other. But the high voltage cables
looks to be in great shape. I will test cables with equipment I have to be
safe. Overall physical condition is great!

So here is a link to pictures of my find:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Pt3PqAdfWgyrkQwD7

The paperwork I got with it do not photo well at all, flash or not, good
room lighting. They appear to be "ditto" machine copies, which are quite
yellowed now. This "TCPS" changed "hands" for whatever reason right away
(was at Iowa Ordinance Plant)... looking at paperwork. Went back to
original vendor of Klaus Radio in Peoria, Illinois. And then who knows
where next? Not sure were seller got, did not ask and truthfully, I don't
think he used it. He seems to be a seller of stuff which is fine. This
paperwork brought me back to when I was very young in the late 1970's. We
had a Klaus Radio branch store in La Salle, Illinois and I remember going
there with my father several times. We lived at the time in neighboring
Peru, Illinois.
While maybe not quite like Steve White's great memories...this was still
cool for me :^)

I will eventually take more pictures and post the little TC and rectifiers
tubes under the protective cover, when I get it apart. This is fairly heavy
and a bit large. This TCPS is mounted inside a nice BUD mini rack mount
enclosure. The protective cover will not come off inside the enclosure,
which is for well high voltage of course, but also to shield RF and the
lower level x-rays being produced by rectifier tubes.

Okay for now...

Chris Reeland
Ladd Illinois USA

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab® S