[Home][2021 Index] Re: [TCML] X-ray transformer wiring help! [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] X-ray transformer wiring help!

I really appreciate the input. And the safety reminder. I don't mean to
make it sound glorified by any means more a reminisce of battle wounds
survived. I've been running around roofs and climbing trees with nothing
attached to my safety belt but a running chainsaw but since have become a
union carpenter in Boston then gone rogue again but I took advantage of the
available certs, got Osha 10 and 30, fall protection,  Ariel lift...and so
on so I know how to think ahead and be mindful of not only myself but my
surroundings and others aswell I pick and choose the chances I take and
occasionally get reminded that complacency with anything electrical is
unacceptable. Just like I check my footings twice climbing in and out of
the back of my truck these days nevermind up on a roof. Never forget the
main thing that stuck out to me from my Osha 30 class was the last day we
finished the course material and test with like 3 hours to spare and the
instructor started showing us you tube accident videos like the big blue
crane crash but the main one I remember was four Japanese or Chinese
painters at an industrial plant rolling what looked to be a 20 or 30 foot
high work platform one on each leg of it and didn't see the high voltage
lines they were about to roll it into on surveillance camera you saw arcs
and sparks from above the staging rolled a bit further as one painter
luckily fell off the other three went limp and dragged there feet as there
hands stayed Locked tight in place the smoke started appearing from
different parts of there bodies and one caught on fire the one that fell
off managed to get uo after a couole of minutes and trys to get away only
to come back and try to help the other guys and got electrocuted again and
managed to live again the other three passed. Anyone wanting a reality
check ill see if I can find the link and post it. You wouldn't need to warn
further after watching that! I even installed surveillance cameras outside
my hobby shop so I can monitor the area where my earth grounds are driven
into the ground.  (I have kids and take no chances of them getting hurt)
and my shops an 8.5 x 20 car trailer  that's locked up tight when not in
use and I shut down all breakers and short all caps as an extra just incase.
  But back to the coil .it is definitely out of tune. I've be having a hard
enough time getting anything to stay running long enough to be able to tune
it. I did use recycled transformer magnet wire that also has  multiple
pieces soldered together to get the recommended turns according to what I
could understand of the javatc Calc I was trying to use I know that alone
could cause it not to tune properly  but I've unwound multiple transformers
and wound three different size coils one on 4.5inch outside diam. Pvc wound
19" high and the other one I bounce back and forth too is 2 in outside
diam. PVC wound 23" high. And I have 2 primaries as well one is 1/8 "
x9/16" solid copper ribbon layer in 7 coils with 1" spacing on them and the
other is copper 1/4" tubing  thay is similar. Im not sure if I used the
autotune in Java correctly or if I understood it correctly.  But everytime
I started getting it all worked out I'd fry what ever transformer I was
using and have to start all the calculations over again with the new
transformers.  Right now I'm waiting on 504' of 24 Guage magnet wire to
come to wrap a piece of 3.5" pvc up to 40 inches with new wire nice and
clean