[Home][2021 Index] [TCML] For Sale - Terry Fritz Fiber Probes [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] For Sale - Terry Fritz Fiber Probes

Hi,

Recently there has been a lot of discussion regarding measuring
parameters on Tesla Coils. I have a set of "Terry Fritz Fiber Probes"
that I spent close to $500.00 on. If someone is interested in them I
would be willing to sell them at a very reduced price. Email me directly
if you want Terry's design document or some pictures.

The following is a quick description from Terry's document circ 1999.

Rev. 4 VI Probe Theory
The VI Probe consists of three main parts. There is a transducer that
turns either high voltages or high currents into smaller signals. A
transmitter that
takes the small signal from the transducer and converts it into an
analog light
signal. That signal is sent out over a fiber optic cable to a receiver
where the light
signals are converted back to electrical signals again. The fiber cable
provides
total isolation between the transmitters and the receiver.

73,
BrianB