[Home][2020 Index] Re: [TCML] Staccato Board. [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Staccato Board.

Just got this at 945 after we talked. Nice pictures of your stuff.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Reeland
Sent: December 23, 2020 9:42 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Staccato Board.

Hi Chip,

I was wondering if any updates... have not heard anything from my initial
reply to your post. Understand if you are busy. Just wondering.

Anyways, I am pretty familiar with this circuit and others that are similar.
I have also modified this circuit a bit a while back. And another related
one just a little. These are in my blue enclosures. I also have a very
simple basic manual controller I put together a while back also.

Speaking of basic controllers, in the past few days off and on I have put
together 2 more. Just bench tested right now. Will be doing VTTC running
tests soon...to see if I failed or succeeded.

Anyways here is a picture of my collection of VTTC controllers.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/p9jpyod97xUi7UAi6

5 of them, with #6 in the works fairly soon I hope, which is based off the
original design but some "layout" differences.
All of these controllers have zero crossing detection. Some different than
others in how done.

I will be doing a new posting with pictures and maybe some video also
eventually after doing some real running on coil with all 5 current
controllers. Been a while since I have run the 304 VTTC so I want to run
them all. Coil actually has a slightly damaged secondary currently, but
still working ok with some losses...quite earlier this year I pushed it too
hard, during extreme testing I did. Windings "buckled" in a few spots. Got
too hot...the acrylic tube has warped some... Happens...not the first time
:^) I will be fixing soon with some more ideas for major changes to this
coil. I always seem to change this one around, testing/trying things.

Okay, enough rambling here...I will give more details eventually in a new
post.

And I will be waiting to hear if any progress/info/questions from you.

Have great Holiday everyone.

Chris Reeland
Ladd Illinois USA

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab® S