From: "Antonio Queiroz" <acmdequeiroz@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2020 10:08:48 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] More fun with wireless power

Em 02/08/2020 12:39, David Thomson escreveu:
> The physics involved here, at least according to Nikola Tesla, are
> different from the physics of radio transmission. I'm not defending world
> wide power transmission with Greg's design, but I am defending Tesla's
> understanding by saying that electric field transmission involves
> longitudinal radiation in the electric field, as opposed to transverse
> radiation in the electromagnetic field. The inverse square law does not
> apply when resonance develops mainly in the electric field. This was a key
> concept that Tesla designed his wireless transmission coils around, and
> Tesla went to great lengths to make this concept clear.
True longitudinal waves would require an insulated transmitter with just
one pole, impossible to build. With the structure of a Tesla coil the
electric field soon bends to the ground, resulting in the usual
transverse waves. And in both cases there is decay of power as the
distance increases because the power is the same but the area is larger
with more distance. Simple geometry.
> Keep in mind that Tesla was physically transmitting power wirelessly at
> Colorado Springs to the distance of miles, and not just tens of feet. But
> that is not what this experiment is about.

There is no documentation of anything transmitted at more than a few
meters, originally or in attempted reproductions over more than a century.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz