[Home][2019 Index] Re: [TCML] Eastern Voltage Research VTTC Staccato Controller - puzzled on "burst" output [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Eastern Voltage Research VTTC Staccato Controller - puzzled on "burst" output

Hi John,

In running coil tests it seems confirmed it wants the lead time.

I was up late/early morning doing more running coil test as I said.
Currently the coil is down. Messed up the grid winding. I actually expected
this eventually. I wanted to eliminate this as a possible part of a factor.
I went to several extremes both ways. It of course changes performance
going both ways.
But no matter what, it performed better with the lead time. Have not done
current scope checking yet... But by analog meter, current varied some, but
overall, still coil is running "efficiently" from what I see. For me this
is how it runs...

Just another note, I was not too far off from where the grid was
originally. I possibly mentioned in the recent primary/cap change, that I
did not change yet. Wanted to test as is first.

I also changed tubes a few times, to see also if a possible some part
factor. Did not see any.

Going to reread thoroughly later things we both have said so far in this
thread.
Still thinking here...and will comment more and some questions...

And yes, I am going to now "fix" the EVR eventually knowing this now.

Okay back to fix the grid, get running and try some more things...

Chris Reeland
Ladd Illinois USA

Sent from my LG V20