[Home][2019 Index] Re: [TCML] Pulse capacitor grounding [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Pulse capacitor grounding

This is just my opinion, but I would think that it would be wise to ground the outer metal case of the huge cap and if you decided to ground one of the terminals, I don't think it would matter which one. As much as the National Electrical Code manual harps on grounding and bonding (Article 250), I would be wary of leaving the outer case of such a huge capacitor ‘floating’, as I’m sure that it could pick up a significant charge from mere electrostatic induction from the internally charged plates in such close proximity to it.

David Rieben,
Memphis, TN

Sent from my iPhone