[Home][2019 Index] Re: [TCML] Current Meter [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Current Meter

On 6/26/2019 4:24 PM, tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Message: 13
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 13:47:54 -0700
From: jimlux<jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [TCML] Current Meter

On 6/26/19 11:21 AM, Daniel Kunkel wrote:
>Nice! Did you find that the current was very erratic or was it stable?
>
>On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 1:00 PM Bert Hickman<bert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>wrote:
>
>>Hi Dan,
>>
>>That may be why the ammeter burned out... :)
>>
>>I didn't have a scope and wideband CT when I had the 6" coil. In fact, I
>>didn't even know that wideband CT's even existed until years later... :)
>>
>>I did measure peak secondary base current with a Pearson wideband CT and
>>Tek scope on a 10" coil a few years later. Base current pretty much
>>matched theoretically-predicted current. This was long before the
>>excellent simulation models and tools we have today. Then, all we had
>>was basic TC theory, Conservation of Energy, and Excel spreadsheets.
>>Comparing primary bang size versus secondary peak current, and then
>>back-figuring peak secondary energy, I found that about 85% of the
>>primary bang energy made it to the secondary during by the peak of the
>>first ring-up when P:S coupling (k) was about 0.2. So in that sense,
>>agreement was pretty good.
>>
>>Bert

Greg Leyh had measurements of streamer current from inside the topload
of Electrum.  There might also be base current measurements.

By the way, I stopped using the Weebly web developer [modern and easy, but not very customizable] and went back to a more manual HTML service, so all the old Electrum waveforms are available again:

http://www.lod.org/gallery/electrum/techdata/waveforms.htm