[Home][2019 Index] Re: [TCML] Fairly big changes to my little 304 VTTC [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Fairly big changes to my little 304 VTTC

Hi Steve,

Yeah, I will have to try next year,
and I was looking forward to meeting you and others of course.

I heard from Bert about your success in the quarter "shrinker". Saw him at
a recent Hamfest.

Yes, I am currently set up with the coil for a dedicated RF ground rod.

In the recent past, I too used just the line/house electrical ground.

When I started to really great streamer length performance, I think my Dad
started to get a little nervous about everything in his house. I will
admit, it started to cross my mind also. My Dad, then one day said let's
install a dedicated RF ground rod in his basement floor.

That said, I can recall that at least for me, that I did not see any real
change.
But the piece of mind that everything hooked up in the house should be
"safer". I am also using a big line filter in reverse, with no connection
to the line ground, same as most of the SGTC, fellas. I know there is some
debate by some on the effectiveness of these filters. But I guess something
is better than nothing.

At my place, I was using a dedicated ground rod outside.

I think I have some work cut out for me on my 304. My gut feeling is more
than one thing got damaged. I will get it though. I will let you and others
know what I eventually find out.

Go ahead and give it a try on your 833A using your dedicated RF ground rod,
just be sure to double check, no triple check the connections. As I said I
found out the hard way...
Let us know if any changes for the better, I would be curious...

Chris Reeland
Ladd, Illinois, USA

Sent from my LG V20