[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Acrylic sheet for primary coil insulator [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Acrylic sheet for primary coil insulator

I am too new to this to add any real value but my lodgic is the strike rail
is there for an intended target to deflect the streamer away from delicate
parts. The acrylic is to block anything that gets past the strike rail. So
strike rail on top of acrylic.
On the subject of the acrylic sheet and its cost, in my reading about
making plate capacitors polypropylene and polyethylene and other cheap
films have very high break down voltages.
Why not use several layers of thin film sandwiched between some non
conductive material, even stiff poster board?
Teddy
Stuart, Fl