[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Tesla’s 1899 Colorado Springs Magnifier [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Tesla’s 1899 Colorado Springs Magnifier

Daniel,

    Yes, his receiving circuits are brilliant, Especially the gas filled tubes with a "gate" wire on the outside that would amplify and rectify RF... Sound familiar ?

    The Second spark gap always interested me, I agree the sparks were wasted energy, the cupola was designed to be big enough to (ideally) not break out,  allowing a large voltage build up. Of course a large topload would also help to reduce the frequency of the coil itself.  One day I may get time to make a small coil with a secondary spark gap and experiment to see if I can get a lower frequency  field from it.

 I haven't read the Richard Hulls guide to the CSN Notes, but from the CSN Notes itself I thought that he was trying to excite and resonate with either the earth, or what is now known as the ionosphere. Or one against the other.  For either to work the frequencies would need to be in the 10's of Hz or a harmonic.

Is there a copy of Richard Hulls notes available anywhere ?

Derek