 Subject: [TCML] Where is everyone?
 To: "Tesla Coil List" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
 Date: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 4:54 PM

 When I first joined the TCML back around
 2002,I used to receive about 20 messages per day from the
 TCML. Now, I am lucky if I see a single message every few
 days. On occasion, I will see periodic bursts of postings in
 response to specific questions from members. Have all the
 members moved on to other interests or died? We need to
 determine a way to get new people interested in this hobby.
 I fear that most of the potential younger members are
 absorbed in computer-related things. There is nothing wrong
 with that. I spent most of my engineering career developing
 real-time embedded DSP software. We just need to discover a
 way to expand their interests into the world of physical
 hardware, especially high voltage. I built my first tesla
 coil, a small VTTC, when I was 16 and this is what got me
 interested in electrical engineering as a career. I
 periodically display my coils to kids in my neighborhood. I
 also plan to take my smaller coils around to schools for
 demonstrations.

 Thoughts?

 Steve White
 Cedar Rapids, Iowa