Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2018 5:37 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] OKC Science Museum Tesla Coil

Hot Springs, Arkansas has a nice Science Museum, at least I and the kids
enjoyed it many years ago.  Charles

On Sat, May 26, 2018 at 10:38 AM, David Rieben <drieben@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Steve,

Although I cannot help you in sourcing a builder for the coil that you
describe in your post, I must say that this is the first that I have even
heard of a science themed museum in the OKC area. The best science museum
that I have had the pleasure of visiting so far, by far, is the science
museum in St. Louis. Being in the Memphis area, OKC would easily be within
a day's drive from me, just like St. Louis, though. I'll have to make a
note of that should I travel through Oklahoma in the future.

Although it has been a good number of years since I have been to the St.
Louis Science Museum (early 2000's, I believe), I do recall them having a
similar sized, SG driven Tesla coil set up in an elevated and (grounded)
caged room pretty near to the main entrance. It ran on an intermittent and low duty cycle as well and its distinctive sound would catch your attention
as you came through the main entrance (if your entrance was timed just
right).

David

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve White" <steve.white1@xxxxxxxxx>