[Home][2018 Index] [TCML] OKC Science Museum Tesla Coil [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] OKC Science Museum Tesla Coil

I was visiting my mother in Oklahoma City a few weeks ago. While there, I visited the Oklahoma City Science Museum. The museum had a medium-sized tesla coil enclosed in a plexiglass room. It could be operated about once a minute for about 10 seconds. The secondary appeared to be about 4 feet tall and about 4 inches in diameter. It had a toroid that looked like about 4" x 12". The capacitors appeared to be a bank of doorknob capacitors. It used some kind of static spark gap which was not visible. It also had what appeared to be the biggest NST that I have ever seen as the power source. Spark length into free air was about 2 feet.

Does anyone know who built this coil?

Steve