[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Low Voltage TC (Theoretical) [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Low Voltage TC (Theoretical)

Em 25/05/2018 09:44, W H escreveu:
Dear List,
Long time list member but infrequent poster. I stopped build Tesla Coils a
few years back due to family commitments.

I was thinking recently about the possibility of creating a low voltage
Tesla coil using a thyristor to dump energy into a tank circuit.

I build a thyratron Tesla Coil this way 3 years ago. The thyratron simply
discharged a large capacitor over the tuned LC circuit and then switched
off again.

I had significant problems with reverse overvoltage caused by the tank
circuit. But it did work.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? It could result in very cheap Tesla Coils
if the kinks could be ironed out.

I posted this long ago (title a bit excessive...) and apparently started a lot of works in solid-state coils:
http://www.capturedlightning.org/hot-streamer/temp/Probably-The-Most-Important-TCML-Post-Ever.pdf

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz