[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Early VTTC memories... [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Early VTTC memories...

Oh, I forgot to say, yes on tube coils back then for us also, toploads were
never used, at least we never knew about it. Even on the 2nd VTTC that was
built in the maybe mid 80's. A single 811 at 1250vac. Got like 2"-3", plans
said like 4"-5". But we were fairly happy. Again parts hard to find. And of
course, was not too familiar in how to tune them up. Have a small toriod on
the "1st" one now though of course. The coil that I keep messing with on
here currently is the "2nd" one, which had collected dust for a while also,
but nothing got lost. Hardly anything original now to it's plans, but there
is some. Kind of fun pushing this 1st "successful"  VTTC #2.
From 3" to 30" now. Come a fairly long way :-)

I remember later our first spark gap coil was also run without any topload
also for quite a while also.

Chris

Sent from my LG V20