[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] 833A VTTC grid leak resistor [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] 833A VTTC grid leak resistor

Hi Steve,

It is worth a try. My 1666 ohms is because I have put three 5000 ohm
resistors in parallel. I did not have a approximate 1500 ohm in a higher
wattage, so I did this. I use this in conjunction with my rheostat, also as
a fixed safety resistor I guess you could say, so I don't also ever
accidentally turn down the ohms to nothing. Done this a long time ago on a
single 811 coil and did not catch in time and I melted a hole in the plate
on one side surrounded by a "discolored ring" around it. The hole itself
was about the size of the tip of a pencil eraser.  Otherside had a big
"discolored blob". Surprisingly the tube still worked fairly good.

So give it a try since you are also pulsing.
At lower rates we can usually do this. Hopefully you will see some more
gains.
Just watch out carefully the first time you really bring up the pulse rate.
Keep a good eye on the tube color. Should be ok. And yes you should see it
heat up more quickly at higher rates. My not be able to run as long there
as before. You will have to see what happens.

Chris

Sent from my LG V20