From: "Chris Reeland" <chrisreeland@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2018 8:00:09 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] 833A VTTC grid leak resistor

Hi Steve,

I'm currently using a fixed 1666 ohms. Probably don't want to go any lower
than this. Just another note, I am also set up with an Ohmite round
rheostat in conjunction and I can add up to another 10k ohms if I want.
Because of this I also have another smaller tube socket mounted on here, to
test smaller tubes, like 811A, 572B, etc. (Reduced levels of course.) I
variac for the different filament voltage requirements. But the T200 is the
intended tube. Currently rheostat all the way down. Just the fixed 1666
ohms.
With the smaller T200 tube with lower dissipation, I cannot run full tilt
for very long of course. Longer if I crank up the ohms, but length goes
down of course. But recently I rolled tubes to test 2 tubes that I got
recently. I tested out a 450TH and a 6C21 to make sure they are good. Both
ran strong and identical. Lower pulse rates, did not even "sweat". Was able
to handle full tilt pretty well because of much higher dissapation, got
just orange. Just a note, the round plate on these tubes get a nice and
fully even orange. These have smooth round plates. Some had fins also on
the 450TH only, but I think it was very early ones only. They are unlike
the growing hotspots on flat plate tubes. But I am going to save these for
future projects.
They can handle a lot more voltage than the current MOT setup. I don't mind
running the T200 at lower pulse rates for the majority of the time. I like
the sound various lower break rates.

Chris

Sent from my LG V20