[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] VDG [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] VDG

The best build tips I've found, depending on your taste.

 * make the column as long as possible (5ft+)
* use a very fast motor.
* Use insulator at the bottom instead of metal.
* Make Combs using super sharp brass needles and copper strip.
* Make the Corona ring from a large thick insulator instead of copper.

With this setup results in a nasty, mean, angry, uncontrollable VDG that
throws 3ft arcs into mid air or even longer at anything that gets close.
This might not be what you are aiming for but It works for me :)

I recently found a potential source of cheap 30" round mixing bowls from a
local bakery and might get started on the next build soon.

Looks great!