From: "Daniel Kunkel" <dankunkel@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 10:34:35 AM
Subject: [TCML]  General Construction Advice

I am getting my second coil online after a 20 year hiatus and would like to
do a decent job with the construction and build quality. I don't have the
money or machine shop or 3D printer to make a beautiful/professional/museum
quality display piece...but I don't want this thing to look like some
amateur junk yard project either!

So consider a moderately powered coil (15kv @60-120mA NST). Right now my
chassis is made of wood with PVC legs to separate the levels. The primary
coil support is a plastic cutting board. I'd like to keep the amount of
metal in the chassis to a minimum, but it looks like I will be having to
use screws and wood for general stand-offs, wire strain relief, and
support. The primary coil and all wiring is 1/4" copper tubing.

Here is a pic of current progress...my son helped me attach the casters!
https://imgur.com/jL2ngVc

Questions:
What do you guys like to do for tank circuit wiring (including connecting
the NST to the tank)?
What kind of wire/tubing?
What kind of insulation?
What kind of electrical/mechanical connections (solder, nut&bolt)?
What kind of insulator and stand-offs do you use?

Thanks,
~Dan
Kansas City area