[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Maxwell pulse capacitor [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Maxwell pulse capacitor

Hi Steve, Tyler,

Actually, I utilize 0.125 uFd rated (actually closer to 0.135 uFd measured) C with my big pole pig fired SGTC and with the 12.5” diameter x 49” winding length secondary of #19 AWG magnet wire (which translates to approximately 1260 turns), as well as the 12”x 56” toroid topload, I still tap in around 9 1/4 turns on my primary coil. Assuming that one has a power supply that is capable of sufficiently charging a capacitor of that magnitude within the bps time frame (mine operates best in the 300 to 350 bps range and and I think Tyler will have no problem here, either), I think the 0.118 uFd, 100 kV unit is an excellent choice! Otherwise, I fully concur with Steve’s advice.

David

Sent from my iPhone