[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] My first ballast results [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] My first ballast results

You might try some metal plates and large surface area ceramic magnets. I am investigating a camera "wagon wheel"effect whereby the camera looses synchronization with its 60 hz input when filming a 4 inch neon discharge obtained from an air core transformer, which is off topic for tesla list. Nevertheless it might be possible to incorporate some methods I have used for ballasting. I found that the ceramic magnet actually had 8 times less impedance then did the 4 inch neon discharge. Here I show both the unballasted and magnet ballasted neon discharge.
  Final Solution for Stabilized Neon Discharge

|  |  |

|  |
Final Solution for Stabilized Neon Discharge

An (air core transformation) as a resonant source of voltage rise igniting a neon discharge will display a "quen...

    On Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 7:38:16 PM EST, Tyler LaVite <tlavite@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 NSTs or MOTs but good luck they smoke out in mere seconds.  I built a ballast by winding 500 feet of 10 gauge THHN around a 2 inch piece of PVC and could adjust the current draw by adding or removing welding rods from the inside of the PVC pipe. It worked quite well and had a decent duty cycle but the problem was the pipe would get hot from the rod heading up and it would want to sag.  Could build one like that and submerge in oil.

Sent from my iPhone