[Home][2017 Index] Re: [TCML] First coil [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] First coil

Hi Terry,

I'm thinking that if the toroid size is too big, it won't break out without
the barb.  Perhaps a few more details of your coil will make for a clearer
picture.  Power source, gap details, cap size, and most importantly, toroid
size?  With toroids, bigger is usually better, at least as far as getting
the longest possible streamer from a breakout point, but if you're shooting
for sparks without a breakout point, a smaller toroid may be necessary.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

Virus-free.
www.avg.com