[Home][2017 Index] Re: [TCML] Tesla Current Draw [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Tesla Current Draw

For the longest sparks, a Larger Than Resonant cap is recommended.  The MMC
design chart recommends for a 15/120 60 Hz NST w/ static gap, a .03uF cap,
so for 15/135, you could even go a bit higher.  Now LTR isn't the law, and
one may in fact deliberately choose a STR cap, as it will have a different
character of spark - shorter but brighter and more dynamic.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA