From: Phil <pip@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01/20/2016  05:55  (GMT-06:00)
Subject: Re: [TCML] Spark Gap Electrodes - Flat or Rounded

Matthew,
You can round out the ends of Tungsten (in my case 0.25") by a belt sander
or linisher, and using a drill.
It WILL wreck the belt though, but I find I can do eight ends on an already
used belt ok.
Start the belt and chuck the Tungsten in the drill and simply hold against
revolving belt. I used to make half hemispheres but now I find just rounding
the edges is sufficient - just need to lose the 90 degree edge.

You can just make the curve out in third photo down:
http://www.hvtesla.com/srsg_2015.html   ; (statics are 3/8 Tung / Copper,
revolving are pure Tungsten)

Green welding rods (pure) are harder to do than those that are doped with
something, I have found though.

Tungsten copper will cut very easily and you can round those with a file,
but it ablates quicker (3/8 inch Diam' on 7kw or so)

Phil