[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Ultraviolet Observations? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Ultraviolet Observations?

I was waiting to see when someone would figure out it would be impossible to take a photo of the radio frequency electromagnetic spectra output from a Tesla coil. Very good Mr Atomic! What you can do is observe the frequency spectra and amplitude of the electromagnetic output with a spectrum analyzer that measures down into the audio range, a few Hertz, to hundreds of Megahertz. For the infrared through UV CCD's should be capable but to separate the wavelengths you will have to use filters to tell what wavelengths you are observing. Into the X-ray spectrum you will have to realize that to get a picture you would have to have film or detector diode arrays viewing the source though a thin lead shield with a pin hole to "focus" the X-rays. The same type of diode arrays are used in CAT scan X-ray systems.

Allen Bishop
Principal Device Physics Tech
Cobham Semiconductor Solutions
Sent from my iPad