[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Mid sized Tesla Coil - Done [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Mid sized Tesla Coil - Done

Thanks all for your excellent input on top loads - Toroids.

Does the middle section have to be "filled in" with a metal object like a
pie pan? I thought I saw  a picture online that had an X or + shape middle
section to reach out to the donut shape and hold it to the top of the
secondary. If it has to be filled in with a metal surface like a pie pan,
is there any rule on how thick it should be in the middle - or just enough
to hold the donut shape in place?

Also I saw online one design using filler material inside and outside of
the donut shape. Should the donut not be hollow inside with air?

Thanks - Tim