[Home][2015 Index] [TCML] Acceptable capacitors for Tesla coil [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Acceptable capacitors for Tesla coil

One of these days I plan to make a Tesla coil and have been gathering various components that could possibly be used. Recently I was offered 16 each large baby blue capacitors. I know looks don't count but they are impressive to look at. They are Cornell Dubilier DCMCE 1507, rated 4,700 µF at 450 VDC. They measure 3" x 5.625" and just happened to have resistors; Micron 94T, R7W, 51KQJ across each cap. Any chance these could be used for a Tesla coil project? Regards, Ronous Synch