[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Looking for suggestions on tuning. [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Looking for suggestions on tuning.

To me, the spark length seems about right considering the capacitance
and the toroid size.  In general, 120 bps operation requires large capacitors
for long sparks, and also spark lengths tend to be limited to about
3.5 to 4X the toroid diameter.  If you want a lot of power throughput,
you need large capacitors and a large toroid.  For example if you
want a 10 foot spark length, then a 30" toroid might be large enough,
and you'll need 4 times more capacitance than you are using now.

Of course if you do that, then the primary and secondary will likely be
too small and will likely arc-over and burn up from racing sparks.
BRRRAAAAAPPPPPP !!!!

You coil is running nicely though... very smooth.  I assume you
optimized the phasing of the rotary at full power for best spark length.

Cheers,
John