[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] TCL newslist and general illegal book warning *notification* (fwd) [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] TCL newslist and general illegal book warning *notification* (fwd)

More of the plagarism issue...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 19:51:14
From: Bree Turner <gently_warped@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Chip Atkinson <chip@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: TCL newslist and general illegal book warning *notification*

Chip -

Might be off-topic, but if anyone is interested - the 'publisher' got all upset because I contacted one of
their 'distributors' and issued a C & D statement. Suddenly I was being all 'aggressive'. Hmmmmm. Originally
I would have been OK had it just been the TEXT that was copied - and given authorship credit (they OFFERED
that, no signed agreement), but all of the graphics in the work were done by me, and my likeness is in there
too - I never signed a release for that. Since it was MY book, I could do that... Odd that only ONE place
complained to the publisher... Again, hmmmmmm... Offerings to Tesla must have worked. My guess is they are
backed into a corner and don't like that...

- b