From: Heather & Paul Novotny via Tesla <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12/29/2015  00:13  (GMT-06:00)
Subject: Re: [TCML] No topload output

Ok spent a little more time with it and I did notice that I am getting a fair amount of corona from the top windings of the secondary coil.  Does this mean my toroid is too high?

Also, can someone tell me how much more I can go on my spark gap without damaging the NST?  Keep in mind I have a Terry Filter with a safety gap.

Thanks - Paul

 Well, I added about 4 more turns to
 my primary and with the addition of those windings, I am now
 seeing streamers off the topload and I did away with the
 strike rail.

 I am currently at about 9 - 1/8th turns.

 I am seeing about 12-15" streamers.They seem to primarily
 appear on only one side.  Not sure why this would
 be.  The other thing I noticed is I can hear faint
 snaps every once in a while after I shut the coil
 down.  I tried to hear where they were coming from and
 it sounded like "static electricity" and sounded like they
 came from the secondary coil.  Then I touched the
 secondary and got a little bit of a shock :)  I suspect
 it is due to the bucket cap not having a resistor across
 it.

 Check out the video here:

 https://youtu.be/Cg9OAyG1Qqo

 Thanks for the help guys!