[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Resin or fibergl - motor controller ideas [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Resin or fibergl - motor controller ideas

Hi Dave

Sounds good but I have three thoughts:

#1) - will the hall effect sensor work reliably with all the high current
(stray magnetic fields) around it? I would go with optical.

#2) - if you try to sense each of the six electrodes, you will not get the
absolute position of the shaft. You should go with one output per rotation.

#3) - switching the NST by the computer. What happens if the computer fails
with leaving the NST in the on position? I would program the CPU to deliver
a stream of output pulses (100Hz or so) and these would be fed into an
external circuit. If the pulses stop, the external circuit would trigger an
e-stop.

Dave