[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Leyden jars added to a mmc [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Leyden jars added to a mmc

John,

Capacitors in series reduce their capacitance. Adding them in parallel would increase the total capacitance. either change will affect the tuning of your coil.

Corona may look neat, but it represents wasted energy. Your streamers will be shorter and less bright. Corona is something experimenters usually try to avoid.

Dave