Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2014 8:07 AM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [TCML] Air compressor quenching

On 11/7/14, 5:12 PM, John Cooper wrote:
I have all the nitrogen I want at work through piping and hoses.  But no
idea where you would find some and if bottled how long would it last?

A standard K sized bottle holds about 220 cubic feet of N2 (at room temp
and pressure). A T bottle holds about 300 cubic feet.  A T bottle is
about $8/fill plus the rent on the bottle which is about 8-10 cents/day.

If you need more, the usual solution is to use LN2.  There are low
(22psi) and high pressure (230 psi) dewars available. A 180 liter fill
is about $70, but the tank is a lot more expensive to rent.  180 liters
is about 4100 standard cubic feet.  You'll lose a small amount to
evaporation each day (<1%)