[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Technical Tesla Coil Questions [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Technical Tesla Coil Questions

Correcting myself here:   When I was writing what I wrote below,
I was thinking about an old myth that the
if the secondary wire length is physically 1/4 wavelength long,
and also tuned to the 1/4 wavelength frequency then the Tesla
coil would work better.  This is of course not true.

The secondary resonates best at 1/4 wavelength for optimal
Tesla coil operation, but the wire length doesn't have to be
1/4 wavelength.  My comments below about the secondary
are not correct.

John

Primary and secondary are not tuned to 1/4
wavelength.  The secondary can be made 1/4
wavelength self-resonant, but this gives no benefit
and is best ignored.  The 1/4 wavelength idea
is one of the Tesla coil myths that is still "out there".

Regards,
John